What Do We Believe?
What Do We Believe
With every click or swipe comes the next wave of information. Having the truth is often less important than having an answer. What Do We Believe hopes to help the average Christian know the depths of vital Christian doctrines in a manner that doesn’t take years to understand, but can be grasped in a few minutes per day.
“Andrew Rappaport has given us a systematic theology that captures and clarifies the fundamental elements of the Christian faith–the core doctrines revealed to us in the fullness of Scripture. He has carefully, diligently, and astutely explained what the Bible means by what it says and, thus, what we believe. It is, blessedly, implicitly infused, not only with Andrew’s finesse as an apologist but also with his Gospel passion as an evangelist.
What Do We Believe? is a work that, not only elucidates what is often unapproachable or avoided by many but also serves as an invaluable disciplining tool to help perpetuate the believer’s responsibility to teach what accords with sound doctrine. What Do We Believe? is a must-have resource for the arsenal of every Christian and a robust explanation of the Christian faith for the skeptic.”
“Andrew Rappaport has written a great systematic theology resource. This book takes the core doctrines of the Christian faith and breaks them down so that any person, with any level of theological knowledge, can grow in doctrinal understanding. The text is solidly backed by numerous biblical citations which, not only refer to the passages in which each doctrine is based but ensure that the entire context of the passage is included in the citation. These citations give the reader clear evidence of the sound biblical nature of what is being discussed.”
“Andrew was gifted with an unusual knack for conveying the hard truths in easy-to-understand words. This all-new work is a perfect resource for any beginning-level Christian, but this work has much more meat on its bones than any of the books I was given as a new Christian.”
What Do We Believe
We live in a time where many want to avoid theology, thinking that it is not necessary for the Christian life. This cannot be further from the truth. Theology, the study of God, is necessary for every Christian to understand not only God but how He wants us to live. Theology is not something for the Ivory Towers. The deeper our theology; the deeper our love for God will be and our desire to live for Him.
This book is a great systematic theology starter for new believers yet still has so much theology that it will quickly become a quick reference resource for many mature Christians. This book is organized so that any reader can quickly get answers they might need when looking for answers to theological questions.
A Study of Doctrines
- Chapter 1: Authority – We believe the authority for Christianity is Scripture Alone
- Chapter 2: Biblical Reliability – We believe the Bible is reliable as it was passed down as copies and literal translations
- Chapter 3: God – We believe in the one Living and True God who is three separate and distinct Persons yet one being
- Chapter 4: Jesus Christ – We believe that Jesus Christ is the Almighty God, fully God and fully man; the prophesied Messiah of the Old Testament
- Chapter 5: Sin – We believe that people have a sin nature imputed from Adam, which affects every aspect of man, including his will
- Chapter 6: Creation, Fall, and Promise – We believe Adam and Eve were real, historical people who were created in the Garden of Eden about 6,000 years ago
- Chapter 7: Salvation – We believe salvation is by grace alone, through faith in Christ alone, with no element of works to merit righteousness.
- Chapter 8: The Church – We believe that the church is made of regenerate people who meet for the worship of God and are called the body of Christ
- Chapter 9: Eternal State – We believe in a literal heaven and hell that will be conscious and permanent
|9 × 1 × 6 in