1. All people are sinners (Romans 3:10, 23)
You must see yourself as a sinner (Romans 3:10; 23) before a holy God (Isaiah 6:3).
2. The penalty of your sin is death (Romans 6:23; Genesis 2:17)
- spiritual death (Ephesians 2:15) – separation from the physical birth from spiritual birth
- physical death (Genesis 5:5) – separation of the spirit from the body
- eternal death (Revelation 20:11-15; 21:8) – separation from God for all eternity
3. Sinners cannot save themselves (Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5)
4. Only Jesus Christ saves sinners
No ones works can save them (Ephesians 2:8-9; Titus 3:5). Therefore, there is only One that can save sinners from there sin and that is Jesus Christ.
- He died to pay the penalty for their sin (Romans 5:8; 1 Corinthians 15:3)
- He resurrected from the dead (1 Corinthians 15:4, Romans 10:9-10)
- He is Lord over all (Romans 14:11-12).
5. The sinner needs to repent and receive Jesus Christ
- They need to repent (turn away from) of their sin and turn from whatever they were trusting for salvation (Luke 24:47; Acts 17:30; 2 Peter 3:9)
- They need to receive Christ as Lord and Savior (John 1:12; Rom 10:9-10, 13)
“That if you confess with your mouth the Lord Jesus and believe in your heart that God has raised Him from the dead, you will be saved. For with the heart one believes unto righteousness, and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation.” (Romans 10:9-10)